Billie Brown

Extra Curricular

UFV EXPRESSION DANCE CLUB

Dance has always meant the world to me. It has enabled me to express myself in the best way I know-how. It has always been a stress-relief, an escape, a hobby and a passion. When I graduated, I aged out of my studio so I was unable to keep practising there. I decided that if my love for this sport has helped me so much and turned me into the person that I am today, I had to share this with someone else. I started a club at UFV to promote wellness, and a safe place for students to feel welcome; essentially provide a sense of belonging. Eventually, we will start shows to fundraise for mental health awareness and provide students with the opportunity to step out of their comfort zone.

Dance has shown me how important an outlet is and that sometimes movement is enough therapy. I hope that I can take my passion for dance and use it to guide young adults in the future. I can show them how important having a passion is and provide them with options to use for secondary coping mechanisms. The significance of having something that you truly love in this lifetime is unimaginable but I believe we all need our escape.